Some highlights from VMware ecosystem and Virtualisation in general from the past 7 days. Announcements, discoveries, and useful bits-and-bobs found on the internet. Week ending 12 March 2017
- Registrations are open for the London VMUG meeting on April 6th 2017. I’m planning on attending. See you there?
- Nimble Storage to be acquired by HPE. Hewlett Packard Enterprise continue acquisitions after picking up Simplivity earlier this year. There’s some worried Nimble customers out there who hopefully will be reassured in the coming weeks that their products and customer support will continue.
- “Perform VMFS UNMAP using PowerCLI” by vExpert Adil Arif. Great to see that a PowerCLI method is available to avoid the need to dip into the SSH CLI.
- Integration with VMware vSphere using the new Open Sourced Software Development Kits via the Open Source@VMware Blog. Some of VMware’s key SDK’s are now Open Source.
- “VMware Homeserver – ESXi on 7th Gen Intel NUC (Kaby Lake)” at Virten.net – very useful guide to running vSphere on the latest Intel NUC range
- Western Carolina University Simplifies Student Access to Apps with VMware Workspace ONE (Video)- a high level look at VMware’s solution to providing University students with application access both in class and on their own device. (CloudCred Points available)